Dying are your children
Fruits, grains, oh mother nature
My dear capitalism!
As we believe, we live in the most advanced era of humankind.
“21st Century. Wow! Advancements, riches, exploration, knowledge, power what not we do have now.”
“Awareness and empathy, do you have that?”
“Yes, we have most effective Media now.”
“Ah, then you must be knowing your world in and out.”
“Oh, yes. We have google too.”
“Ah ha! You are so very advanced. I just wanted to blabber something.”
“Go ahead. I am sitting here free for my Friday Drinks. You know I need to relax.”
“Yeah Sure. You need to relax over your drinks.”
“21,000 people die of hunger or hunger related causes every day in our world. This is one person every four second. Children die most often. We had given you plenty of Food for everyone. How did these people get trapped in poverty and that too to an extent where they do not have money to buy their food? Ah, food is to be bought, the most advanced Versions of Human kinds.”
“No no. You carry on with your drink. I am just blabbering. I will do this a little more.
- Some 795 Million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy and active life.
- 12.9% of the population of developing countries is malnourished.
- Poor nutrition is causing almost 45% of death in children which is 3.1 Million each year.
- One in four of the world’s children are stunted. (This includes developed countries as well)
Something specific to India
-194.6 Million undernourished people.
- one quarter of all unnourished people on the planet live in India.
- It is home of one third of worlds stunted children that is 38.7% of the children under 5 Years of age.”
"You might be having many things with you now but you are the loneliest of the humankind."
(Data Sources: World Food Program and Poverty.com)
Utpal Kant Mishra